Passing gas is completely natural, smells unpleasant, makes you want to laugh and makes you feel alleviated.
But take a look at these 10 facts about farting that you probably didn’t know!
1. Men pass gasses more often than of women
Several studies have demonstrated that men do this more often than women.
2. The average person farts 14 times a day
3. You pass enough gas a day to inflate a balloon
Now you know another way to inflate balloons for a party.
4. Passing gasses is a sign that your bowels are healthy
We pass gases only when the digestive tract is healthy. If this is not the case, then you have a digestive problem. So be happy every time you fart.
5. Inhaling gasses can be healthy
Studies have shown that exposure to hydrogen sulfide decreases mitochondrial damage. Therefore, next time someone farts next to you, thank them!
6. Women’s gasses smell more unpleasant than man’s gasses
Although women are doing this less frequently than men, it has been proven that women “farts” smell more unpleasant. This is due to the higher concentrations of hydrogen sulfide.
7. The speed of gas can reach 10 m/s
This is faster than Usain Bolt.
8. The more you hold the gas, the louder it will be
9. The narrower external sphincter causes a louder sound
Juices and chewing gum cause frequent gasses
10. The word fart means forth as wind from the back
This term dates back to the 1630’s