Did you know that aside from aging, our eyes will be greatly affected due to our lifestyle? No wonder that even youngsters these days are wearing eye glasses, contact lenses and other eyesight enhancer tools to aid their problematic vision.
Since people of today are highly attached to hi-technologies like smartphones, computers, laptops and tablets, whether at home, school or work, spending long hours on those things can really cause eye strains/problems such as dry eyes, eye strain and other permanent vision damage.
Due to the said devastating results, it is better that as early as now, we find ways on how to prevent eyesight issues. So to start with, let’s try to check our daily routine. Since we eat 3 times a day excluding snacks, we can simply begin with preparing organic and healthy foods like fruits and vegetables that are good for the eyes.
To help you pick what’s best organic foods that could provide the optimum vitamins and nutrients intended for our eyes, check our list below:
Organic Foods that are Best for the Eyes
- Carrots have beta-carotene, vitamin A and can help our retina and other parts of the eye to function efficiently. It also stimulate eye health and guard our vision. Aside from carrots, squash and other orange and yellow fruits and vegetables are good for the eyes.
- Black Currant
- Black Currants contains antioxidant anthocyanins. It’s one of the fruits that can nourish our eyes because it’s better than lutein, zeaxanthin or bilberry.
- Green Leafy Vegetables (Such as Kale and Spinach)
- Green veggies contain antioxidants such as lutein and zeaxanthin that can support to lower the risk of growing macular degeneration and cataracts.
- Bilberries (relative of blueberries) contain anthocyanins and particular for preventing macular degeneration.
- Organic Egg Yolks
- Egg Yolks is under the lutein-rich foods. It is advisable that we must take raw organic egg yolks as each egg yolk contains 0.25 mg of lutein and zeaxanthin. The more you take organic and raw egg yolks, the better than those being cooked. Eggs also contain zinc which helps to reduce macular degeneration risk.
- Almonds contain vitamin E which helps to slow the development of macular degeneration.
- Fatty Fish
- Fatty fish such as Salmon, Tuna, Anchovies, Mackerel and Trout are rich in DHA, a fatty found in your retina.
- Avocados are one of the sources for lutein which is a protection against cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Tomatoes are known for the lycopene (active when cooked) it contain which helps to lessen the onset of age-related macular degeneration.
- Red Peppers
- Red peppers contain vitamin C just like oranges. As we all know, vitamin C decreases the risk of the growing cataracts and can help to minimize the growth of visual acuity loss.
If you’re one of those who suffered from eyesight problems, better consult first an ophthalmologist. Also practice to eat organic foods that are included on the list above and avoid spending too much time staring at bright screens out from your gadgets.
Amazing Source: http://organiclivingchic.com/10-organic-foods-to-improve-eyesight/